Training companies. Purpose and function
What do the trainings need for?
In sport, they do not ask what they need constant trainings for. Similarly, the experts have any questions why they should upgrade their skills. However, executives often make dissatisfied and fundamental statements as follows:
- Why do we need business training? And we are coping not bad, without any trainings. And also by and large, we recruit the best candidates to our company, make corporate events, set them proper purposes...
We do not need training ... things are going well ...
And this is the biggest mistake. In order to dispel such illusions, we will give some good examples:
1). - Let's get to the point, what is your goal?! – the employee of the PR department of real estate agency, Pavel said when he started talking by phone with an unknown caller.
2). The Otkrytiye Bank employee ask a question after a long work on the client's credit application:
- Please tell me your office phone number?
- And I’m not working anywhere.
- Well… Then we will not be able to determine your request, it’s an important condition, the employee is sorry.
- And why cannot you ask me about it 10 minutes ago, before you made the useless work and stole my time? – a customer get angry.
3). We are in the Ford, BMV and Chevrolet authorized dealer showroom. After having taken the test drive of Ford vehicle, a journalist is returning the documents to the reception and ask an employee:
- Please tell me what engine power of the car I tested now?
- It would be better to ask the question to our senior dealer Victor.
Victor comes from the street, taking off his jacket on the move.
The journalist gives him documents and repeats his question.
- I have no idea, answers Victor, briefly glancing documents and continuing to undress.
Let's look at all three situations in more detail. Certainly, each of you faced similar situation being in the place of a potential buyer.
What should the employee of the abovementioned companies act (and not only them) from a business point of view? How well are joined goals, functions and their execution by the staff?
1) The function and purpose of any PR Service (including one of the real estate agency) is to build a very positive impression of the company. But when the officer in charge of the company's reputation in the market, himself disregards standards of business ethics and corporate standards in a conversation with a stranger on the office phone, it does double incredible damage. What if it could be, say, a journalist at the other end of the line? After all, the media professionals often turn to PR-departments for any information.
What should the employee of the PR department of a real estate agency do? His worst mistake was that he put in rough shape, and he would had to say:
- Could you express your need in detail? Can I help you in some way?
But he was not trained to do it, or he was poorly trained. And now there are executives who should blush instead of him, listening claims about demeanor of his subordinates at a regular press conference.
2). Everyone knows that the bank's earnings depend on the interest. More customers means more interests, and therefore profits. Bank’s time is money. It means that any useless work, which also increases the number of complaints and the inconvenience from customers is a gross system breach, leading to the bank losses. So, do the bank employees need training?
Obviously, they do.
It is not the fault of the employee, it is fault of top managers, who did not pay adequate attention to working out the algorithm of work with credit line requests. It is also the fault of her immediate superior himself, because he does not control the work of his subordinates with clients (or ignoring their errors). In this case, we can compile a whole list of grievances, and they all relate to management and education and training department of the bank. We could make only one remark to the employee: she should apologize for taking the time of a customer. And ideally, to tell her boss about a logical failure and disorderliness when processing the primary request for credit line.
3). The creators of famous brands Ford, BMV and Chevrolet are certainly competent people in the business.
Hence there are quite logical expectations of all visitors of the dealer showroom representing these brands cars, to receive excellent service and competent answers to their questions.
A comment from the mouth of the seller like "I have no idea" sounds at least strange. In these words both irritation, and a desire to move away from the situation can be heard. Both the first and the second are inadequate, because at the moment Victor is on the job during his working hours. However, he just walked in, it takes a while to take off his jacket, comb his hair, and not to run screaming to the buyer the answer to this question at the door. It’s certainly easy to understand him. What to do in that case?
First, the receptionist must pay attention and note that Victor is currently not very comfortable to contact with the client. It would be appropriate to say:
- Our dealer Viktor could more accurately answer all your questions regarding this vehicle. Please wait a few minutes until he is free. In the meantime, if you will, make yourself comfortable in a recreation area, I could offer a hot drink to you.
Second, if the receptionist did not take this work on herself, and chose to quickly get rid of the customer, Victor might well say the following phrase:
- Hello. Wait for me a minute, I get undressed and get back to you to answer all your questions in detail.
We think you have found that regular business trainings are imperative for any company.
The employees are able to leave, change, the external environment also changes, adding new need and purpose of the buyers, relevant in this time.
And we have to adapt to all of these factors. That's what training companies need for.
Regular business training is required to:
executives to identify and eliminate errors in the company processes, to find new ways to motivate employees, etc.;
to employees to learn and develop the basic skills enabling to effectively address the goals and tasks of the company;
to a company as a whole in order to attract new customers and to create its positive image.