Project Management. Skills and Techniques
Purpose: Project management skills and techniques mastered by the program’s participants.
Methodology: Interactive presentation of information, group and individual tasks, role playing, case study analysis.
Duration: 2 days
1. Project work features. The concept of a "project".
- The organization of the project work.
- Characteristics of a project.
2. Definition of lists with purposes: the project review.
- Procedure of objectives formalization.
- Definition of the project purposes.
- Making a list of the "customer" purposes and "our" purposes.
- Preliminary determination of the necessary resources.
- Assumptions and risks of the project.
3. Requirements to a project and to its plan.
- Organizational structure of a project. Visualizing the structure of the project and its composition. Relations inside the project structure.
- The methods to draw the priorities chart.
- Alienable workflow.
4. Sequence of completing the project assignments.
- Dividing into assignments – layering.
- Evaluation of the time required to complete an assignment.
- Estimating the costs to complete an assignment.
- Checklist to monitor the quality of project specification.
5. The terms of reference of the project.
- Project Name.
- Project manager.
- Operating schedule.
- Project Cost Estimation.
- Estimating income and expenditures for the project.
6. The distribution of responsibilities to perform work assignments.
- Schedule the tasks.
- Responsibility of every member of the working group for the project stages.
- "Petals" of responsibility.
- Assumptions, risks in the project. Roles and functions in the project.
7. Organization of the working group on the project.
- Determine requirements to the staff: selection of the working group.
- The first information meeting.
- The Project Manager "Schedule-Calendar".
- "Consolidated Schedule Calendar" of the project participants.
- Project Management beyond the functional boundaries of the organization.
- Finding common ground with the working group members.
8. The project participants management.
- Formation and evolution of the working group.
- Obstacles to effective communication.
- Methods and incentives of different members of the project working group in order to drive their proactive participation.
9. Maintenance of the schedule of the project works.
- Graphical reporting tools / Gantt chart.
- The definition of controls.
- Tracking the status of the project.
10. Completion of the project.
- Prepare the conditions for completion of the project.
- The project effectiveness evaluation.
Results of the training.